As I finish another post about (what else) cycling, I offer these random ten tunes from the music library. The standard rules apply: Hit shuffle on your favorite music player and record unedited the first ten songs it opts to play.
- “Big Boys Bickering” – Paul McCartney (from the Hope For Deliverance single)
- “Coffee, Soho” – Peter Cusack (from Your Favourite London Sounds)
- “Like A Rolling Stone (Live)” – Bob Dylan (from No Direction Home [Soundtrack])
- “Soft Parachutes” – Paul Simon (from One Trick Pony)
- “Distance” – The Lovell Sisters (from Time To Grow)
- “25 Minutes To Go” – Johnny Cash (from At Folsom Prison [Deluxe Edition])
- “A Month Of Mornings” – Cherry Ghost (from Beneath This Burning Shoreline)
- “I’m Down” – The Beatles (from Rock & Roll Music)
- “Hug You Like A Mountain” – Eliza Carthy (from Dreams of Breathing Underwater)
- “From My Own True Love (Lost At Sea)” – The Decemberists (from Picaresque)
My playlist was in a more mellow, acoustic mode this evening – the 11th song was Willie Nelson’s cover of Paul Simon’s “American Tune.” It all fit with a weary evening.