While I’m not always enamored of Carole’s “Ten on Tuesday” prompts (let’s just say the ones that focus on knitting aren’t my cuppa), today’s prompt works for me: a top-ten list of favorite moments that happened in A.D. 2013.
2013 wasn’t the best year for me by a long shot. Unlike Sarah, whose year was a self-admitted “meh,” my year had more than its share of unfortunate events (cue obligatory “Lemony Snicket” references). But this prompt has me looking to accentuate the positive from the year recently concluded, so here goes… something.
- I rode most of the length of the C&O Canal Towpath in on day back in June. It was 191 miles on a bike, all in one day, riding with my good friend and fellow Potomac Pedaler, Eric. It was a scenic challenge that tested my mental fortitude, and a bucket list ride fulfilled. And shots like this were common – and fun.
- While on the C&O, I saw an incredible sunset at the mouth of the Monacacy.
- During my otherwise frustrating trip to Utah in March, I got to take in a beautiful moonrise over the Wasatch Mountains.
- I also enjoyed this view of the Wasatch as I left Utah at the end of March.
- Skiing with some of the EpicSki gang at Sugarbush, VT, at the beginning of March was a rare treat.
- Catching one of John’s last moments of bachelorhood on April 20th, minutes before he said “I do” to Nicole.
- Catching sunset the night before Mountains of Misery – what’s with sunset pix and me? I love ’em!
- After a day at Bethany Beach, it was wonderful to see a movie at a classic, art deco movie house.
- After hours of somewhat technical hiking, reaching the summit of Mt. Monadnock was particularly sweet.
- A schedule board at O’Hare airport shows a traveler hurrying to catch his connection.
What were some of your top moments of 2013? Talk about it in the comments!