Per Carole’s prompt this week, I figured her topic fit in well with an update on my injury recovery. So…
- …able to function well with crutches.
- …happy that my hematocrit is essentially back to normal.
- …almost ready to transition back to OTC pain medication.
- …still smiling every single morning.
- …still seeing this as an adventure – a positive, fun adventure!
- …appreciative of all the doctors, nurses, techs, physical therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, custodians, and fellow travelers on this rehab journey.
- …glad that my right leg is getting more flexible and mobile each day (and without my being able to bear my body weight on it).
- …pleased beyond words at the support I’ve received from family and friends – y’all are awesome!
- …grateful to National Rehabilitation hospital for getting me from weak and anemic to strong and (mostly) independent over an 18 day span.
- …happy to be home.
So there… I am!