Per Carole’s typical prompt, here’s a Ten on Tuesday. The topic: ten statements or sentiments that start with “I feel…”
- I feel a lot better than I did last week (thank you, doctors, for clearing my pulmonary embolisms).
- I feel better now that I’m cooking again.
- I feel like my GI tract still isn’t completely over the post-hospital antibiotics (what, TMI?).
- I feel like there’s another big breakthrough about to come about in my #projectfemur recovery.
- I feel a bit stir-crazy because of that previous statement.
- I feel like I may finally upgrade my high-speed Internet connection to The Burrow.
- I feel like that also may be accompanied by a computer upgrade (my newest non-iPhone computer is at least 6 years old).
- I feel better now that my lower right leg isn’t swollen like a sausage.
- I feel like my orthopedist may finally allow me to bear weight on my right leg (crossing fingers).
- I feel like shaking things up a bit.
So… there ‘ya go! Got any “I feels?” Leave ’em in the comments.
Really, things have gone well since the bilateral pulmonary embolism incident. I’m down to just the anti-coagulant and an occasional over-the-counter pain killer (usually when the weather is in flux – my right leg is my new weathervane). My in-home physical therapy is going well, and I’m out-and-about in the neighborhood when the sidewalk conditions permit.
(That said: this is probably the first winter where I’m wishing for “aesthetic snow” only, where the sidewalks remain clear and dry. Mark this occasion, as I’m usually an unabashed snow lover.)